Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Waru

 DFI - second last session! For the first time ever, I have butterflies when I think of the exam which I know is more about reading the question correctly!

I am once again shattered today and finding coming up with something to reflex on difficult! Feel the bullet point side of my personality starting to take over!

Empowering - I am wanting to write something amazing and intelligent in regards to this but can't remember enough about it to make that comment! That is because I am tired not because it was boring, I assure you.  I will need to go back. The one thing that won't leave the front of my mind is economic inequality and how this is so prevalent in our country. Growing up in the peaceful Waitaki valley as a farmer's daughter who never wanted for anything then starting my teaching life in South Auckland reminds me of the economic injustice that is everywhere.  I loved South Auckland, I miss the joy and love for life those kids had. I have often holidayed in Auckland with my own children just to let them see how lucky they are, and how other kiwi's live while making the most of all they have. To be involved in something that is empowering children and their families is a pretty cool feeling! 

I completed the moral and ethic challenge in regards to the cars and the thoughts and discussion around that was great.  The balance of all this great technology and the essence of human life and the environment will always be a massive challenge to balance out.  In an ideal world, making money wouldn't be the underlying reason for doing anything. 

Enjoyed the coding - Especially the Minecraft one, we use Scratch a lot at the moment in our class and would like to look into Minecraft also!  So I made this comment as a reminder before I went on to the Create part of our agenda and discovered the website Code in an Hour with all of its amazing resources. So I have been lost in the world of The Grinch, Minecraft and Mini Mihi.  I like the idea of setting a coding challenge up for the kids on a Friday afternoon, reminded me of Stem challenges.  Something for our team to look into.

Oh this is short!  I am tired and ready to go get my beautiful daughter!  As said before, I have throughly enjoyed this PD and will somehow continue my learning process!  Here's till next week and the exam!  Can't wait!!




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Libby,
    No apologies necessary as it seems to be a common theme across New Zealand including Sharon and myself.
    I like the idea of coding challenges and I wonder if CSUnplugged might also be an option to increase the oral language in your class with Kidbots?
    You have done really well over the last 9 weeks and I am really enjoying sharing your space on a Monday morning your students rock!
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete