Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tahi - The Beginning DFI.

This term I start the adventure of DFI through Manaiakalani and here goes my first ever professional post, 
What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
       To see Manaiakalani as more that the use of digital tools in the classroom. 
What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional
I learnt that I know stuff already which is good, and I have a lot of learning to do which is exciting. 
I had never heard of Google Groups and am keen to use that with the junior team and parent groups. 
It was great to have the addons shared with us. Discovering the talk to type feature and 
how this can be used with my focus children in class is exciting.  Learning about the contents page on Doc, which I hardly ever use has made me want to go back to Docs again!

😃





 

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Libby,

    Well done on your first professional blog post. I hope you are proud of having done this. Isn't it great to have that feeling of knowing that you actually know how to do things, despite thinking you didn't. I hope you do pick up docs and have a play with them. I've been encouraged to look at some old modelling books and try and make them more engaging for students based on DFI blog posts. Maybe there is something you can find to do that with too.

    Ngā mihi,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon - using them as modelling books is a good idea, will go on a search!

      Delete
  2. Hi Libby, I'm glad that you found lots of interesting new ways to make the most of using G Docs. I've been using them for 7 years and still keep finding ways to work smarter!
    So great to have you on the DFI journey with us.
    Nga Mihi
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stef Thanks for taking the time to post, I am enjoying the challenge and to use your words "finding ways to work smart"!

      Delete
  3. Kia Ora Libby,
    Great to see your 1st DFI reflection. So many learning opportunities for new learning and recap old learning!
    What was your favourite part of the day? My favourite part was supporting others to deepen their knowledge.
    Next time you could add some photos to your Blog from the Google photos folder.
    See you tomorrow,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily - thanks for commenting, I think the best part of last week was actually getting started! I have watched a number of other staff go through this journey and seen the impact it has had on them, so am excited to be finally starting myself!

      Delete