Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Ono

 Enabling Access

Wow what a day today was!  Loved every bit of it and wish it wasn't ending!  I have really enjoyed exploring the sites,  I think consolidating some of the earlier information that has been given to us, has been fantastic!  I can see the fog lifting and the embracing paying off!  Still way at the bottom of this amazing mountain but certainly enjoying the climb.  I am looking forward to next year when a bank of resources and knowledge behind me, has grown!  As I now explore the online tool kits, resources, weekly newsletter the MK have given us, I certainly have a better understanding of what they are about and how I can use them!  Makes me smile when I think of our DP coming back into a staff meeting a good 18 months ago and trying to tell us we would all be creating a site today to be used in class, most of us had very little idea of what she was talking about and why we would need a site, let alone spend time trying to use a programme very foreign to us, especially as we didn't have devices in our class. Boy how things have changed! I get it now, and the importance of laying a foundation for all learnings! 

My site is very basic and simple, it was good to get feedback from fellow colleagues and I have made a number of changes.  I am also asking myself a lot more about what it is I want the children to get from the activities on the site, the learning isn't as meaningful as I would like it so will keep making the changes! I have mastered the addition of audio on a number of slide shows which will be the weekend job!  I am hoping the lower children in class will thrive on this - although we don't have headphones we do have large plastic boxes they can stick their heads in for privacy!

Thank you Mark, Emily, Dorothy and Sharon for all the professional learning you have given and continue to give!!


I am a leader in PB4L at our school, and will now be putting all our resources onto a site so it is easier for the staff to find and again give them the experience of working with a site. Short post this time - access enabled and I am off to get my daughter - all about the balance of time!

Please explore my ever changing sites and give feedback if you feel the need!

Class Site

https://sites.google.com/nbc.school.nz/ohiaclasssite/home

Sight Words Site

https://sites.google.com/nbc.school.nz/sight-words/home


E noho rā

Libby!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Libby,
    The "why" is certainly key to any journey and last year I could imagine the why was possibly lacking. It has been a pleasure having you as part of the DFI and the opportunity to support you and your learners in class has enabled a perfect storm whereby the "Why" as you say is much clearer now. In hindsight if your DP had not insisted on sites last year, your Learning From Home experience may have been much different and now with your new learnings it would be much different again.
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete