Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Wha - DFI

 I am exhausted today, not sure why so it is a short blog post with possibly little depth.  I am loving this journey, DFI has always been a interest and something I enjoy learning about, 20 odd years ago I use to help design web sites as a fun thing to do, wish I had followed the passion back then,life leads us round and round.  Which brings me back to the fact that I want to make sure I am using my time wisely and ensure the planning and  teaching I am doing with the children is something they and I can grow on therefore allowing ourselves to have a solid foundation for future years (and I get to spend time with my children). 

To have Share broken down to the simplistic concept of something that we have been doing since Adam and Eve and the happy feeling sharing brings us all has continued to brighten the light, and understanding of how sharing works within the pedagogy.  It has made me want to increase the amount of time I comment on present and past students blogs more.  To reflect on how I am sharing the children achievements now it is very limited to in the four walls of the classroom. I need to work on how I can increase the audience that sees how wonderful the children are.

I had my eyes opened to the My Maps element of Google, as I didn't even know this app was there. Once again my mind is swirling. I have planned my next road trip, actually it's a road trip I have been wanting to do for ages with my own children(one day), and I will challenge myself and my team to organise a treasure hunt around our school backyard for the school kids. Oh that reminds me I still haven't looked into Google Keep! 

I enjoyed having another look at Google Forms and changing how I use them. I use them a lot for reading comprehension but loved seeing how Sharon was using them in a much more sophisticated way! Have revisited my daily journal and changed that around for next week. This is something my kids loved during lockdown so we have continued it, I had been using the data as a maths focus during lockdown and haven't continued that but will now look at how we can get that going now too. 

At our team meetings we always begin by sharing whether we have Cares or Concerns, a way to share our professional experiences, opinion and worries - I will add to that a Slam Dunk segment so we can share what DFI success we have all had that week! Thanks Emily!




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Libby,
    You are not the only DFI participant to feel exhausted at the end of the Dealing with Data session.
    I love this statement "I need to work on how I can increase the audience that sees how wonderful the children are." I would add to it and say we need to increase the audience so the children can see how wonderful they are. Do you have any ideas for increasing your audience? I have a few tricks that other teachers have shared with me.
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete